Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Taco Soup II

We had taco soup for dinner too! My recipe is almost identical to Gretchen's. I hope you don't mind me posting mine as well. :-)

Taco Soup

Ingredients:
1+ lbs ground turkey or beef
Medium yellow onion, diced
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can of diced mild green chiles
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can diced tomatoes (I like to use the Mexican style for this recipe)
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans

Directions:
Brown ground meat with diced onion in a skillet. Drain fat and add packet of taco seasoning. I usually add about ¼ cup of water. Simmer. Meanwhile, in a soup pot, combine all of the canned ingredients. Add meat and onions to soup pot and simmer. Add enough water for desired consistency. We prefer ours thick like chili.

Garnish with shredded Mexican cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. Cornbread with honey butter is also good with this soup.

3 stars

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
zebra hide in abu dhabi