- 1 pound uncooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, wedged, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta. Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.
Comments: This recipe was really good with a few modifications. I would recommend adding the juice from the artichoke hearts into the sauce, and also adding lots of purple onions. If you put in as much pasta as they tell you to you may just want to add a little more of everything. I put in two tomatoes but still wish there were more (this may be a good recipe to use canned tomatoes in), and definitely more onion and even more artichoke hearts. The pasta to other stuff ratio was just too high, but the bites that had the other stuff were pretty darn good! Also, keep your salt and pepper shaker handy. Oh and of course, I added mushrooms in the beginning a few minutes after adding all of the chicken. And, almost forgot, didn't have feta so I used gargonzola, which was fine-- may have preferred the feta though.
Served with: Hummus and whole wheat pita bread