Thursday, May 22, 2008

Creamy Potato Salad

Potato salad is great side dish for summer. I made this last night since it was a hot day and I didn't want to have the oven on any longer than I had to. Growing up I hated potato salad, but I really like this recipe.

2 lbs or 6 med potatoes peeled and diced
1 1/2 cups mayo
1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice
1 tbsp yellow mustard (I use a teaspoon)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
2 med stalks celery diced
1/4 cup diced green onions
2 mashed hard boiled eggs
paprika

Boil potatoes, hard boil eggs and let cool. Mash eggs. Mix mashed eggs, mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, parsley in large glass or plastic bowl. Add potatoes, celery, and onion. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.

No comments: