Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Broccoli Chicken Casserole

3 stars

I'm sure everyone has a recipe just like this, but to me this is unique because it's really the only casserole I make. I like that it's vegetabley (too few veggies is one of my biggest casserole gripes) and it's got a nice sour quality with lemon juice and sour cream. I'm such a sucker for sour...

I got this recipe from my best friend in college.

Broccoli Chicken Casserole

1 lb frozen broccoli (I buy broccoli florets in the huge bags, so I'm not sure how much I use - enough to cover the bottom of the pan nicely)
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I cook all of the precooked chicken I need for the week on the George Foreman grill)
1 11ish oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1-2 Tbsp lemon juice (who am I kidding, I always "accidentally" overfill the Tablespoon)
1/4 tsp. paprika or curry powder (whatever suits your fancy)
1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese
optional: sliced almonds

Directions:

Place broccoli in bottom of 13”x9” pan. Put chicken over broccoli. In separate bowl, mix sauce: soup, milk, sour cream, lemon, seasoning, and almonds (optional). Pour sauce over top then sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350˚F for 30-45 min. Serve over rice.

No comments: