Thursday, May 22, 2008

Corn Bread

This goes great with the following Lentil Soup recipe!

The original recipe is made in an 8x8 pan, but I always double the recipe and make a whole 9x13 pan. Marshall's family eats leftover/slightly stale corn bread in the morning kinda like cereal in a bowl with milk/cream. Apparently it's very southern. Sounded weird to me at first but now I LOVE IT!!!

Corn Bread

2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups corn meal
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs

Heat oven to 400˚F. Grease 9x13 pan. Combine dry ingredients. Stir in milk, oil, and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Wow, I eat cornbread for breakfast, but usually with butter and honey not in a bowl with milk :) I am excited to try this out! I looooove cornbread.