Sunday, May 18, 2008

Angel Chicken

I'm finally just starting to get some real use out of the crockpot I got as a wedding present. I'm kind of kicking myself for not busting it out more often before now! I got this recipe from Becky, a fabulous girl in my ward who always seems to have the best recipes. It's in our regular dinner rotation (it's fast becoming a Sunday night staple since I don't really like cooking on Sundays). Aaron would probably rate it 4 stars (he would marry it) but it's not that fancy, so probably more like a 2.5 star from me.

6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C. melted butter
1 Pkg. Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I've used cream of whatever was on hand and it always turns out fine)
1/2 C. chicken broth
4 oz. cream cheese
pinch of dried onion
1/4 tsp. ground garlic

Cut chicken breast into fourths, so the flavor can be absorbed into all the pieces. (boneless center-cut pork chops are also good). Place all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours (I cook it for 4ish hours on the 10-hour low setting..make sense?).

We eat it with sticky rice, but it would also be good over pasta. I served it with rice-a-roni once (oh how I love that stuff) and thought it was awesome. But Aaron is a rice snob and we always go back to his fancy Japanese sticky rice.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I found this on your other recipe Blog Kayla, and I did like it! It had a yummy buttery taste (If I remember correctly). I would also give it the two and a half stars. I definitely want to make it again!

Corbett Family said...

I just made this tonight for dinner. My husband and kids loved it. I served it with Rice-a-Roni (we aren't rice snobs) and steamed mixed veggies. I only used four chicken breasts because they were big and my family of two adults and three small kids doesn't eat a ton. I still do have leftovers for tomorrow--I will just have to make more rice. I give it two and a half stars.