Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Onion Roasted Chicken and Vegetables

I got this recipe from www.recipemamas.blogspot.com, we LOVED it. Not only was it super delicious but it was SO easy and fast to make.

1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Lawry's garlic powder (w/ parsley)
4 chicken breasts
2 medium all purpose potatoes, cut into chunks
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large plastic bag or bowl, add all ingredients. Close bag and shake, or toss in a bowl, until chicken and veggies are completely coated.
In a 13x9-inch baking or roasting pan arrange chicken and veggies-- discard bag.
Bake uncovered (basting halfway through) for 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.
Serves:4
Prep Time: 10 minutes (I LOVE that!!!!)
Cook Time: 45 minutes


Comments: I added salt and pepper and I wished I would have added an extra potato or two, it would also be good with some real onion slices in there too. Very very delicious, three and a half stars!!




3 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Becky seriously has the best recipes. Every thing of hers that I've tried has turned out awesome.

stampinashley said...

Do you think you could make this one in a crock pot and have it turn out as good? I'm all about utilizing the crock pot during the hot summers.

Kristi said...

Hmm, I don't know. I kind of like the "roasted" idea, and I don't know how well that works in a crock pot--- you know if it would turn out more soggy or something. I think the flavor would still be good though...? Sorry I am not much help : )