Friday, June 6, 2008

BLT pizza, minus the L

For the sake of keeping the blog alive I will tell you we had homemade pizza the other night and it was so good. If you haven't discovered yet, the best toppings for a pizza are bacon and tomatoes and it is extra convenient because it is an easy way to cook your tomatoes so you can actually eat them (have you heard about the whole salmonella thing?).

Anyway, I have tried to make my own crust before and it never works, so I bought a jiffy pizza crust mix for like $.33 or something. Then we topped with ragu pizza sauce, bacon (precooked), tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella and Parmesan. It was the best pizza I have ever made.

Any good recipes for pizza crust out there?

3 comments:

Julie said...

http://cricketskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/11/gourmet-pizza-crust.html

This is great pizza crust. It's yummy and pretty easy. Let me know how it goes!

Sarah said...

1 cup warm water
1 yeast packet
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
2 1/2 cup flour

rise for 15 min... roll out and top... bake 15 min at 400 degrees...this is the one we use every friday night.

G said...

Sometime when I have a second I promise to post the BEST deep dish pizza crust recipe EVER. Deep dish isn't my fave, but M luurves it and this is a fabulous homemade version. Better than most restaurants.