I had never heard of chocolate trifle before, but the picture looked pretty so that is what I made for Thanksgiving dessert. Shauna....you may want to avert your eyes.
- 1 package brownie mix
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- carmel ice cream topping
- Toffee pieces (by the chocolate chips)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed- French Vanilla flabor
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped with like 3Tbs sugar
- 1 bar chocolate candy
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped cream until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, top with caramel, top with toffee, then top that with half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.