Monday, November 17, 2008

Zucchini Cream Soup

This is a recipe my mom made when when we were kids, but I don't think I really appreciated how yummy it really is until I became an adult. I made it yesterday for dinner on a count of I have had strep, my husband just had nose surgery, and it just sounded really soothing. Let me tell you, it totally delivered.

Zucchini Cream Soup

1 C. diced celery
1/2 C. diced onion
4 C. sliced zucchini

Cook the above in a small amount of water until tender.

Meanwhile, make the white sauce:

1 1/2 cubes margerine
1 tsp. salt
3/4 C. flour
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 C. milk

Cook these five ingredients until thickened and bubbly. Add 1 chicken bullion cube.

Now, take your cooked zucchini mixture and blend it in a blender. I do it about a third at a time, and be super careful because it's hot and it's a blender, and well, you don't want third degree burns, Folks. When blended, add to white sauce. I always crumble some bacon in at the end. Mmmm!

No comments: