Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ratatouille's Ratatouille

So this was awhile ago, but Claire wanted us to make ratatouille just like the movie. I found this fabulous recipe. Results were excellent, even if Claire still refused in the end to eat anything involving vegetables. M and I loved it. I find myself craving this all the time, but I don't own a mandoline:

There was much cutting. Good thing I have nice sharp knives.



I had a TON of extra veggies. I just couldn't find tiny veggies like I was supposed to use I guess. So I ended up making two pans and only one is pictured here. In retrospect I probably could have put it all in one 13x9, doubling the sauce, but I didn't know ahead of time that there would be that much.

We tried to serve it kinda like the movie to humor Claire. Too bad she didn't get suckered in.
The goat cheese was a FABULOUS addition, though non-essential.

No comments: