Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Light Lemony Chicken

I LOVE this recipe, and I love it even more because it is light and fast. Really though, even when not dieting we eat this a lot, in my opinion it has the perfect lemony flavor. Mwah, so good. Four stars. I got this from the Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook

Light Lemony Chicken


3C rice

2 or 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

1 1/3 C chicken broth

2t soy sauce

2t lemon zest

½ C lemon juice

2T sugar

2T corn starch

dash of pepper

1 lb Asparagus

2 C baby carrots

green onions


Cook rice. Mix chicken broth, soy sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, corn starch and pepper- set aside. Spray skillet with cooking spray add chicken and onions (cut in once inch sections) and cook until chicken is brown. Remove chicken and onions, respray skillet with cooking spray. Cook asparagus and carrots (cut in one inch portions) until crisp tender. Add the chicken and onions back to the skillet. Pour broth mixture in and cook until thickened. Serve over the rice. Yum.



** Blaine and I are really in to sauce I guess so here I have doubled the sauce portion of the recipe, if you are not so much into sauce you could half it again.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Or you could be an idiot and REdouble it like I just did, still good though!