Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Homemade Fettucini Alfredo

I made this for dinner tonight and it was really good and super easy. The alfredo sauce is probably the easiest I've ever attempted but one of the best tasting.

For the pasta:

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil

Mix flour and salt in medium bowl. Make a well in center of flour mixture and add eggs, water and oil to well. Mix thoroughly, adding more water or flour as needed to read a dough-y consistency.

Gather dough into a ball. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 to 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 15 minutes.

Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll one quarter at a time into a rectangle about 1/16 to 1/8 inch thick. Loosely fold rectangle into thirds and cut crosswise to desired noodle thickness. Unfold noodles and arrange on paper towel for 30 minutes or until dry.

Boil uncovered 2 to 5 minutes until firm but tender.


For the alfredo sauce:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heave whipping cream
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper

Heat butter and whipping cream in 10 inch skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low, simmer 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over noodles.

1 comment:

Jay said...

LOL. My kids and wife were hungry. I decided to look up some instructons to make something quick and fast. I stumbled on to your site and kaboooom! I followed a recipie in here and they were all stunned! Specially my wife... I did not told her I fount the instructions in here. But thanks for the great information.