1/2 lb hamburger
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
9 lasagna uncooked noodles broken up
1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese
1 beaten egg
italian seasoning to taste
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Spray non-stick cooking spray in crockpot.
2. Brown hamburger and onion then drain fat in large pan. Mix in spaghetti sauce and water. (Water is for extra liquid to be absorbed by uncooked noodles.)
3. In small mixing bowl, mix 1 beaten egg, cottage cheese, and seasoning. (Sometimes I like to hide veggies in this layer too, like chopped spinach.)
4. Layer in crockpot from bottom up -1/3 sauce, single layer of noodles, 1/2 cottage cheese mixture, 1/3 mozzarella, 1/3 sauce, noodles, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/3 mozzarella, noodles, sauce
5. Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours. (My crockpot is a Rival from 2004. It seems to heat very hot and this meal was done in three hours.) When it's done, there should be a little less liquid (it should be hot and bubbling) and the noodles should be tender. It will thicken more as it cools.
6. Turn heat down to warm and cover with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover. Once the cheese has melted, serve and enjoy!
Serves like a casserole rather than traditional lasagna, but tastes the same. Great for days you don't want to turn on the oven.