Tuesday, March 17, 2009

chicken salad sandwiches

These are more for a big party, not a family meal. we are making this for amanda's shower this weekend. I insist on making them for every girly event because I crave them all year long. It serves 25, or if you cut them in half it would serve more.


5-7 chicken breasts cooked and cut up
1 cup chopped celery
20 oz can pineapple tidbits
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1 cup cashews

Mix with

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup miracle whip
1 pint whipping cream- whipped
1 Tbs. chicken bouillon
salt
pepper

25 croissants


Just mix it all in a big bowl and spoon onto croissants. It is best if you mix it right before the party starts so they are fresh, I usually cook the chicken ahead of time and get everything measured out then before we are ready to eat I hurry and mix it all together. I have also had it with red grapes in it too for a little variety. These are delicious and filling, perfect for showers and get togethers.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Um, any recipe with whipping cream in it is a winner in my book! This sounds great, thanks!