Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Turkey or chicken casserole (3 1/2 stars)

Preheat oven to 375
Spray 9 x 13 pan with some non stick cooking spray and add:
1st layer about 2 cups cooked rice (optional)
2nd layer cooked cut up turkey or seasoned chicken
Cover with grated cheese and dried or fresh onions
3rd layer fresh steamed or frozen broccoli
4th layer Mix together:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp lemon juice (optional)
3/4 cup sour cream
5th layer Cover with stuffing ( make as directed on box or just add some water to it)
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes

This recipe is really good if you have leftover turkey, if not I just make it with chicken seasoned with season-all and a little Mrs. dash's chipotle flavoring (really great seasoning, if you don't have it you should!) I add lots of cheese too, I love cheese. It is too much work to make up the stuffing in a pan so i just add water to it. I actually only bake it for like 38 minutes too... by the way my husband really dislikes casseroles and this is one he actually likes. This makes probably 8 servings or so, so I usually do an 8 x 8 pan and just do half of everything. very yummy though and filling.

No comments: