Thursday, October 16, 2008

Six week bran muffins

I made these today and I think they are quite delicious for how healthy they are ; ) I got the recipe from allrecipes.com, the original recipe makes like a million (I am not joking) muffins. I guess the batter keeps in the fridge for six weeks so you can make fresh muffins every couple days or whatever. I scaled it back and it made about 24 muffins.

  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 cup whole bran cereal
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1-1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups whole bran cereal
  1. In a large bowl, add boiling water to the first cup of bran cereal, cool.
  2. Cream shortening or margarine, sugar, eggs, and buttermilk together. Add to bran mixture. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the 2 cups of bran cereal. Stir only until moistened.
  3. Bake in a preheated 425 degree F (220 degree C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

I added a splash of vanilla and a little molasses (because really, when else am I going to use molasses). Someone also suggested topping with nuts or course sugar so they look fancy, I added some chopped nuts on top and it was great!

Enjoy! And then enjoy again for six weeks!

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
buy curtains abu dhabi