Friday, May 1, 2009

Light Lemony Pasta

2 b/s chicken breasts
1/4 C lemon juice
2 tsp minced garlic
cream/half and half/ whole milk (one of these, not all)
salt
pepper
pasta
chicken broth
mushrooms (optional : )
lemon zest (grated lemon peel)


Bring water in a pot to boil and add chicken bouillon (or just boil chicken broth instead of water). Cook your desired pasta type (we used spaghetti) for the recommended time.

Meanwhile cube up the chicken and mixed in a bowl with lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Then grill up the chicken and towards the end of it grilling put in a couple handfuls of mushrooms (or you could choose some yummy vegetable, like broccoli or peas or something or nothing if you want).

When chicken is cooked through dump in about a cup of cream or half and half or whole milk (I had half and half, so I used that and it was perfect) and put in about 2 tsp of lemon zest (I have no idea how much, I just grated the rind from one small lemon). Let it thicken up and then throw on a handful of parmesan (if you want, which I am not sure why you wouldn't want to but...). Serve

It was really good and flavorful and delicious! Hope you enjoy. It could easily be done with shrimp instead.

Also....speaking of chicken broth. Have you ever gotten the "chicken base" at Costco? It's like three bucks and you keep it in your fridge and I love it so so much more than bouillon or canned broth. Look into it, it's by the spices!

1 comment:

natalie said...

Yum! I'm loving this blog. Thinking of what to make for dinner is half the battle for me.