* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 Chicken breasts
* 2 tablespoons minced green onion
* half a red pepper minced
* 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels
* 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 2 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained OR some chopped fresh spinach (two handfuls?)
* 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers
* 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/3 teaspoon salt
* 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
* 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used pepper jack)
* 5 (6 inch) flour tortillas
1. cube chicken and fry in 1Tbs oil until juices run clear. Take out of pan and shred or mince into smaller pieces.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in green onion and red pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until tender.
3. Dice chicken and mix into the pan with onion and red pepper. Mix in corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until well blended and tender. Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack or Pepperjack cheese so that it melts.
4. Spoon even amounts of the mixture into each tortilla. Fold ends of tortillas, then roll tightly around mixture. Secure with toothpicks (or not if you don't have them:) I just squeezed them tightly together in the pan). Spray medium dish with cooking spray arrange eggrolls in dish and spray top with cooking spray.
5. cook uncovered for 15 minutes in 425dg oven
I tried to list the recipe as I made it the original recipe can be found here . I think it would be awesome that way, we just don't do much deep frying in this house.
And you must serve it with this sauce!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomatillo salsa
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, pepper, celery salt, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro and lime juice in a blender or food processor (um, I placed it in a bowl and used a fork, but whatever). Blend until smooth and creamy. Place in a serving bowl.
Whoa nelly, this was seriously so GOOD! They could easily be made vegetarian as well.