Monday, May 18, 2009

Saucy/Sassy Pork Tacos

I saw this on Food Network, didn't really remember what Sandra Lee called it. But it was pretty tasty!

1 pork tenderloin
1/2 onion
taco seasoning
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 small can enchilada sauce

1. Sprinkle pork tenderloin with some of the taco seasoning and brown both sides. (I just did it in a skillet on my stove)
2. Mix enchilada sauce, cilantro, onion, and more taco seasoning (1 tbsp?) in a 13x9 pan.
3. Add tenderloin to pan and coat all sides with enchilada sauce mix. Cover with foil and bake at 350 until done (30-40 minutes, or maybe longer. Just make sure it's cooked)
4. Cut the tenderloin into strips, the size you'd want if you were eating them in a taco.


serve in tortillas with typical taco toppings-- tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
We were out of tortillas so we ate it taco salad style and it was still delicious. My husband said something like "the only problem with this meal is that I don't know if you could duplicate how good it is."

1 comment:

Gina said...

Made these for the missionaries last night - they really liked them. I looked up the original recipe and made the special slaw from it too, which was delish! Here's the slaw *I* made:
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup miracle whip
2 tablespoons Lawry's Baja Chipotle sauce
1-2 tablespoon lime juice
1 bag shredded lettuce (I don't do cabbage, like normal coleslaw would call for)
It was Yummy!