Saturday, December 6, 2008

Grandma Griffin's Banana Bread

I also must give this recipe 5 stars. It's my Great-Grandma Griffin's and has been in the family for years. It's my favorite banana bread recipe of all time.

1 C. sugar
1/2 C. shortening (or sometimes I use canola oil to be healthy, or I have also used 1/2 applesauce to replace the shortening, and it also works if you want to be super healthy)
2 eggs
2 C. flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 crushed bananas

Grease and flour bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or a little more if you like drier banana bread like my husband does). Makes one big loaf.

1 comment:

Riya Joshi said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about Wood Flooring for Sale