Saturday, September 13, 2008

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

Yay! I finally have a recipe to contribute. I got this from my sister-in-law and it's completely yummy and incredibly easy (and not very low-fat). What more could you ask for in a recipe? I'd give it 4 stars because it's just that good.

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

1 whole chicken boiled (or a few chicken breasts)
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 C butter
1 Tb poppy seeds
1/2 C sour cream

Mix together cracker crumbs, butter, and poppy seeds. Save 1/2 for topping, mix the other 1/2 in with the chicken, soup, and sour cream. Spread in an 8 x 8 pan and sprinkle with topping. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. Serve over rice. Serves 4. Double recipe for 9 x 13 pan.

2 comments:

Sheyenne said...

Tried this the other day and I loved it. So did the family, including my husband who doesn't like chicken. I love the nutty taste of the poppyseeds and the texture of the Ritz crackers in this.

Kristi said...

This was awesome. Double the recipe. Please, or else you will be sad.