Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No ice cream milk shake

I know, you're thinking, "What the...?". Seriously, I thought this was an interesting idea and gave it a shot and it was pretty yum, just so long as you didn't think too hard about it.

I got this recipe from everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com (this is a way fun site by the way if you are wondering what to do with you thirteen cans of powdered milk, etc. Plus they have other novel ideas like making a million pb and j sandwhiches and freezing them for lunches, hello why did I not think of that?).

Chocolate Milk Shake with NO ice cream:-makes two 8-ounce cups
This one I know is hard to believe but it SO delicious! I don't think I'll ever make the kind with ice cream again!

1/2 C. Water
3/4 C. Dry Powdered Milk
1/3 C. Chocolate Powder
2 C. Ice

Layer ingredients in your blender as listed and blend until smooth. Serve immediately! Spruce it up with half of a banana for fun!

If you want a great variation, that tastes like it is a Jamba Juice "Peanut Butter Moo'd" then add one banana cut into 1 inch slices and 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter. The peanut butter and banana make it even smoother and add such a great complimentary taste.


Go ahead and laugh but when the world ends and there is no ice cream I will be eating chocolate shakes (assuming there is still ice).

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I just read all of the comments to that recipe on the site and I guess originally you were supposed to spray the blender with pam first, which sounds weird, but it may have helped because really there isn't that much liquid and the powdered milk kind of sticks to the side. I didn't do it and it was fine, let me know if you try!