Saturday, September 27, 2008

Parmesan Fondue

Fondue is a tricky thing, at least cheese fondue is. It often turns out too thick and clogs your throat even before it gets a chance to clog your arteries! Either that or it calls for exotic cheeses that cost a fortune or wine, etc. Anyway, I found a great and simple recipe last night and it turned out great!

I got this recipe on www.allrecipes.com

Parmesan Fondue
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed
  • 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk and cream cheese over low heat until cheese is melted. Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; cook and stir until heated through. Transfer to a fondue pot or mini slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with bread cubes.


There were four of us and I halved the recipe and still had plenty to spare (though we were being crammed with good food from every angle, so it wasn't that the fondue wasn't de-lish!). I added a little onion powder and pepper and substituted minced garlic for the garlic salt (buy that thing at Costco I tell ya). Also it was a little thick so I added maybe 1/4 C milk extra.

I served with
Red Pepper strips
Cubed french bread
apples
broccoli

bag the broccoli and go with more bread and apples ! Oh and don't freak if you don't have a fondue pot. I somehow lost the cord of mine so we just ate it from the pan on the stove and it was good, just a little hot!

1 comment:

Janssen said...

That was DELICIOUS! I'd love some right now, in fact.

I liked it when both Ralphie and I got burnt by the exploding bubbles of doom.