Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tikka Masala

Again, I thought I had already posted this on here, guess not!



So, everyone, EVERY. ONE. ate this and loved it tonight. If you will recall Bentley normally only eats Cheez-Its. Nothing else. He gobbled this down. So did Gwen, and Ivy. I am just beaming with mortherly pride. Sure it has two cups of cream in it, whatever!



Chicken Tikka Masala

1 C plain yogurt
1Tbs lemon juice
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp cayenne pepper (I substituted paprika so it wouldn't be too spicy for kids)
2 tsp black pepper
1T minced fresh ginger (three cheers for me for actually having this! Dry works too)
1 t salt
3 bnlss skinless chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients except chicken. Pour sauce over chicken and refrigerate for one hour. Grill or cook chicken in frying pan. Discard marinade (or cook it till all the marinade evaporates, and the chicken starts to burn like I did).

1 Tbs butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalepeno pepper finely chopped (I just used some nacho jalepenos I had in the fridge)
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1-8oz can tomato sauce
1 C cream
1/4 c chopped cilantro

Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalepeno for one minute. Season with cumin, paprika and salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about twenty minutes. Add grilled chicken and simmer ten minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve over hot rice.

* I doubled the sauce part of this. We're saucy people, what can I say!

2 comments:

Kolor said...

chicken tikka masala should be saucy. Indian cuisine is rarely ever dry.

Riya Joshi said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? Best Carpet Stores in Dubai