Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fiery Fish Tacos

I hopped on Allrecipes.com the other day and this was one of the featured recipes and since I spend a hundred dollars a week on fish tacos at Del Taco I thought I would give this recipe a shot, we loved it! I adapted it slightly, the original recipe called for way more cayenne and all the reviewers thought it was too spicy, I also added avacado.

Fiery Fish Tacos

1 C corn
1/2 c red onion diced
1/2 c diced red pepper
1 avacado cubed
1 C fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
1 lime zested and juiced
sour cream
1t cayenne pepper
2 t salt
1/2 t ground black pepper
6 tilapia fillets
2T olive oil
12 corn tortillas, warmed

Preheat grill for high heat (we used our george foreman with great results!), in a small bowl combine cayenne pepper (or chili powder would work), salt and pepper. Brush each fish fillet with olive oil and rub the pepper mixture on the fish.

Arrange fillets on grill and grill 3 minutes per side.

Meanwhile mix together corn (I cooked the corn on a hot fry pan with no oil, I guess this is called "blackened corn"), red onion, red pepper, avacado, lime zest and lime juice, mix all together.

Heat the corn tortillas (you don't have to but they hold together much better if you do) for about twenty seconds on each side on a warm fry pan. Or I bet you could wrap them all in foil and stick them in the oven.

layer two corn tortillas (or they'll break, promise!) and top with fish, the salsa, sour cream, and cheese (if you want!).

They were so yum!

1 comment:

Riya Joshi said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? Carpet in Abu Dhabi