Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easiest Chicken Pot Pie Ever

This is my friend's go-to frozen meal for people who have had new babies/deaths in the family/surgery/etc. She's brought it to me several times and I've always loved it, so I finally asked her for the recipe. Turns out it's pretty much the easiest dinner ever.

One can cream of chicken soup
One can chopped chicken
One can diced potatoes
One can sliced carrots
One can peas
One can any other vegetables you'd like to sneak in
One splash milk

Open and drain chicken and veggies. Stir together with cream of chicken soup and add milk until you reach your desired consistency (a couple tablespoons does it for me).

You COULD pour it all into and top it with a homemade pie crust (I like Pioneer Woman's pie crust recipe..it has never let me down) but my friend buys pie crust shells at the store and a sheet of refrigerated pie dough to top them with. I did a combination, using a store bought shell and topping it with one of my PW frozen dough discs. Whatever floats your boat.

Bake at 350 for one hour and enjoy! OR cover with foil and freeze it. When you're ready to eat it, let it thaw in the fridge at least most of the way and then bake at 350 for an hour (maybe a bit longer, depending on how frozen it was). Cover the pie crust edges with foil if necessary to keep them from over browning.

No comments: