This is the best thing I've ever made. Ever.
And it was pretty easy, looked beautiful when it was done like in the picture. You'll love it.
Prep Time 30 MinutesCook Time 30 MinutesDifficulty EasyServings System US MetricUpdate
Ingredients•6 pieces Small, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
•8 ounces, weight Chive And Onion Cream Cheese - Softened
•10 ounces, weight Package Frozen, Chopped Spinach: Thawed And Drained
•½ teaspoons Garlic Salt
•1-½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Divided
•6 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese, Divided
•1 whole Egg
•¾ cups Italian-Seasoned Bread/Cracker Crumbs
•1 jar Favorite Pasta Sauce (about 2 Cups)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Place chicken breast between two sheets of cling wrap. Pound chicken evenly all over until about 1/4 inch thick.
3) Mix cream cheese, spinach, garlic salt,1 cup mozzarella and 3 Tablespoons of Parmesan until well blended; spread onto chicken breasts. Starting at one short end of each breast, roll up chicken tightly. Secure with wooden toothpicks, if desired. Set aside.
4) Beat egg in a shallow dish. Mix remaining Parmesan and bread crumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip chicken bundles in egg, then roll in crumb mixture. Place, seam-sides down, in 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
5) Bake 30-35 minutes. Remove and discard toothpicks, if using. Serve topped with pasta sauce and remaining mozzarella.
Putting the chicken between the Saran wrap before pounding it is the best idea ever. No mess! Also, if you don't have a meat tenderizer, you can use the heavy part of an ice cream scoop.
I didn't have breadcrumbs, so I just mixed up some old crackers my kids didn't like in the food processor and they worked great.