Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yeasted Waffles with Butter Syrup

I threw a little Mother's Day brunch yesterday for three close friends and we had these waffles. They were so. stinking. good. The syrup is my friend Crystal's recipe and the combination of the two is beyond amazing. And also, full of butter.


Yeasted Waffles

3/4 tsp yeast
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups milk
12 tbsp melted and cooled butter
3/4 tsp vanilla
3 eggs, separated

The night before, mix dry ingredients and stir in milk then butter and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit overnight at room temperature.

In the morning brush your waffle iron with oil and preheat. Separate the eggs and stir the yolks into the batter. Beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks and gently stir them into the batter. Cook 3 to 5 minutes on your waffle iron.



Butter Syrup

Boil:
one stick butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sugar

Take off burner and add:
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda


I also made these sauteed apples from Allrecipes.  They were really good alone but also awesome on top of the waffles.

2 comments:

Risala Furniture said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
self leveling in abu dhabi

Riya Joshi said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. carpet suppliers in dubai