Thursday, May 20, 2010

Slow Cooker Italian Beef


This. Was. De. Lish. Normally when I cook things in the crock pot I am so sick of smelling them by the end of the day that I just can't stand eating whatever it is. This smelled SO fantastic all day and it tasted even better than it smelled. Mmmmm. So easy, so very very easy and so good. Give it a try! One thing was it might be a touch too peppery for some. I liked it that way but you may want to reduce the pepper a smidge if that makes you nervous.


Slow Cooker Italian Beef
from melskitchencafe.com

1 1/2 C beef broth
1 C water
1 t salt
1 t ground black pepper
1 t dried oregano
1 t dried basil
1 t onion salt
1 t dried parsley
1 t garlic powder
1 bay leaf
1 (.7 oz) package dry Italian-style dressing mix
1 (5 lb) chuck roast

* I only had a 3 lb roast and I have no idea what kind it was : )

Combine water and beef broth with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf, and salad dressing mix. Whisk to combine.

Place roast in slow cooker, and pour salad dressing mixture over the meat. Cover, and cook on Low for 10 -12 hours, or on High for 4-5 hours. When done, remove bay leaf, and shred meat with a fork ( you can do this about an hour before eating so that shredded meat will absorb more of the juices). Serve on crusty rolls with cheese and use the excess sauce for dipping, or eat plain old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good. This is post-conference Sunday night dinner at the Ures. So, so good.

Riya Joshi said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. carpet tiles suppliers in dubai