Okay, any of you who got bountiful baskets last Saturday....holy Moses, I got about five thousand pounds of baby bok choy. I have never had it and had no idea what to do with it. This was all complicated by the fact that I have had no internet for almost a whole week, gasp! And that rendered me totally non functional in the kitchen.
Using the tiny screen of my iphone I was able to find just one recipe for baby bok choy, it was this yummy salad. I didn't have some of the ingredients by my modifications were awesome. I'll post them at the bottom
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, cleaned and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 (6 ounce) package chow mein noodles
- In a glass jar with a lid, mix together olive oil, white vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. Close the lid, and shake until well mixed.
- Combine the bok choy, green onions, almonds, and chow mein noodles in a salad bowl. Toss with dressing, and serve.
Definitely a yummy salad. Which we will be eating every day until our ten thousand pounds of bok choy are gone.