Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What We've Been Eating

This is going to be a week of trying new recipes. When I sat down to make my menu for the week I ended up picking five recipes we've never had before. I guess I'm bored with my regular repertoire?

Anyway, here's what we've had thus far:

Easy 4 Cheese Pasta Bake

It was really simple and Aaron and I both really liked it. Plus it made a lot. Like..A LOT. I probably have two more dinners worth in my freezer, which makes meal planning for the next couple weeks that much easier (and cheaper). If you make it, make sure you do three packed cups of spinach. I didn't, and ours had very little green. It could have supported a heck of a lot more. I served it with a green salad and homemade raspberry applesauce and it was perfect.


Broccoli Pasta Sauce

Wes was the one who ended up really liking this. Which isn't surprising since he loves broccoli with all his little two year old heart. Aaron and I both thought it was fine, something kind of fun and different for a change. I'd add more garlic if I made it again and lots more salt and pepper. It was just kind of bland. Also, I ended up adding some chicken stock and then some of the pasta water to thin it out to more of a sauce consistency and it was still fairly thick. I served it with these rolls (except I made them with half wheat flour) and steamed asparagus. The rolls were excellent, I'll definitely make them again.

No comments: