Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Honey Lime Enchiladas- four stars!

Adapted slighty from Mykitchencafe

This was easy and very yum, even with my questionably old tortillas : ) Seriously, yum, this is what I will make when I have to take someone dinner next. All you ladies in TX who are having babies, make this for yourself and pretend its from me : )

Honey Lime Enchiladas

5 Tbs honey
6 or 7 Tbs Lime juice
1 Tbs chili powder
1/2 t garlic powder

1lb chicken, cooked and shredded (you can use 3 chicken breasts if you want, I used a rotisserie chicken...yum)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded (I used sharp cheddar)
1 C sour cream
16 oz green enchilada sauce

Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least half an hour, the longer the better ( I just did half an hour and it was great!). Pour about half a cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on the top of enchiladas (I think I used way less cheese than what the recipe calls for, not sure, I just used what I had!). Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the sour cream and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 dgs for thirty minutes until brown and crispy on top.

* Freezable meal: freeze prior to baking. To bake, preheat oven to 350 dgs and bake enchiladas, covered (without thawing first) for one hour. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, until brown and crispy on top.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I made this Wednesday night and it was yummy! I used green salsa and half&half for the sauce b/c that is what I had.... and it was still great.