Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Savory Spiral Stuffed Rolls


These were very easy and very delicious!
Savory Spiral Stuffed Rolls
From: melskitchencafe.com
*Makes 12-16 Rolls
1 recipe roll dough (that yields about 12 rolls) I used this recipe for roll dough
12 oz cream cheese, softened (let's be honest, I only used 8 oz)
1/4 C (1/2stick) butter, softened
2 C chopped ham (leftover ham or deli ham works great - I used deli)
1 1/2 C finely chopped broccoli
2 C shredded cheese (used cheddar)
1 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 C finely chopped green onions
Follow the recipe for your roll dough until the dough has risen. Punch down the dough and roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
In a small bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Spread the rolled out dough with the butter/ cream cheese mixture. Top with ham, broccoli, cheese, parmesan cheese and green onions. Roll the dough up (think like cinnamon rolls), pinching the seam to seal (hint, that step is important, I kind of forgot and that was a mistake). Slice the roll into about 1 inch segments. Place the rolls on a lightly greased baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Let the rolls rise until nearly doubled and bake at 350 dgs for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly. [Note: I thought I was special and didn't need to let the rolls rise a second time, not so! Let them rise and life will be better - the second batch that had to rise turned out a lot better).
This was great and delicious and easy, just remember to start early enough so your dough can rise twice before you are hoping to eat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. These are goooooooooooood.

Riya Joshi said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. Carpet Sale Dubai