Thursday, November 5, 2009

Alfredo Pasta bake

I got this from this blog http://eoberrys.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes
I hate bottled alfredo sauce but this was actually way good. I added a little extra milk in mine just to make sure it wasn't dry.

Alfredo Pasta Bake
(Source: Amber's Delectable Delights)
Ingredients:
8 oz pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup mushrooms
1.5 cups chicken, cooked and shredded or diced
1 jar alfredo sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 Tbls butter
Directions:- Preheat oven to 350 degrees- Coat the bottom of the two small or one medium baking dish with a thin layer of alfredo sauce. In a medium bowl, mix the pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, chicken, garlic and alfredo sauce until combined. Place mixture into baking dish and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cut the butter into small pieces and scatter on top of the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.

Rachel's notes-I like to use Classico Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce. And when I bake it I wait until it starts bubbling and then I turn on the broiler for just a few minutes just to brown the cheese, just don't burn it. Burn=no good.
I also don't follow this recipe to the "T". If I think it needs a little more of this or that I add it. Just don't use too many noodles. I usually don't use the whole package of refrigerated noodles if you use too many noodles add more sauce otherwise it won't be very moist. Okay enough of this. If you try this let me know what you think. I love Ambers blog (which I got from Tia's blog) I have gotten about 4 recipes from her that my family love. Sigh... I wish spell check would work.

No comments: