Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Banana Muffins, way good!

Janssen brought me these while I was in the hospital. They were so good that when I was awake at 2AM I was trying to open the wrapper to get into them and since my hands were so swollen I had to resort to biting open the wrapping with my bare teeth. That's right.


1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 egg
2 or 3 medium bananas, mashed (should be about 1 1/4 cup)
3 Tbsp buttermilk
1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet is what I use)

Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl and wet ingredients in
another. Blend together until evenly combined and creamy. Add chocolate chips

Pour into a greased loaf pan and cook at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes
(I'm guessing on the time, since the recipe is actually for muffins
and it says 20-25 minutes, so I'm going to assume double. I cant'
remember how long it takes to cook . . . till a toothpick comes out
dry, I guess :)

1 comment:

Jessica & Nathan said...

I made these and they are amazing! Especially if you sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of each muffin just before baking them!